Today, QR codes are used as a way to quickly receive links to websites. A QR code has a web link attached to it so that when a mobile device is prepped to scan it, the proper website will automatically appear. This allows QR codes to be placed anywhere, from public signage to Lushootseed Flashcards. Below is an example QR code that links to our Language web page. Feel free to use this QR code to test your skills!
QR codes can come in many different styles and colors, but in theory your phone should recognize them. However, this functionality depends on whether or not you have an iPhone or Android mobile device. Please follow the step-by-step guide below to find out how you can start scanning QR codes.
How to Scan a QR Code
- Is your mobile device an iPhone?
- If yes, navigate to your Camera app on your iPhone.
- Then, hold your phone up to the QR code so that the camera can see it.
- Once the camera scans the code, you can click on the pop-up notification which will launch your default internet browser and open it to the proper page.
- Is your mobile device an Android?
- If yes, then you may not have a QR code reader installed into your Camera app, unlike the iPhone which can read QR codes automatically.
- First, you must navigate to the Google Play Store app, or other app-purchasing application on your device.
- Then, you must download an app that has a QR code Reader Tool. There are many out there and they all have similar functionality.
- Then, open the app you’ve downloaded, and hold your phone up to the QR code so that the camera can see it.
- If it functions properly, you should be taken to a page where you can choose to copy the link, share the link, or visit the website in the QR code.
- When you choose to visit the website in the QR code, the app will launch your default internet browser and open it to the proper page.
- If you find that you don’t really like using the app that you initially downloaded, try downloading a different one.
If the above instructions did not fix the issue you are having, please contact Ginger de los Angeles at 425-777-0534 or firstname.lastname@example.org and she will get back to as soon as possible.